| October 20, 2011. Finished. |
Surprisingly, today was not the first day of drawing nude models (we were working on human figure the previous class). Instead, we returned to working with value and perspective. This time, we worked with a new style of mark making-cross hatching. We did many gesture and blind contour drawings as usual, then we did a quick ten minute construction drawing, then the professor circled three areas on our drawing, to redraw and shade in detail on another page. Unfortunately I don't have all of the drawings, but I do have the final circles above and to the right. I never really liked crosshatching. It just isn't my style and it is too easy to mess up. My style is too messy to work.
The homework assignment was to draw yourself in a window at night, with the lights on in the room. This creates a reflection of you and the room in the window, and also shows though to the outside of the window. However, my dorm room window is blocked by two TVs. So I drew the reflection in the TVs and what little of the window was showing. I do not really like my drawing, but is received good feedback and a good grade (9/10). A student said that they loved the detail and how deep the drawing was. However, I look like a monster in the reflection because of the lighting, and the plants don't look like plants at all.
| October 20, 2011. Sketch. |
(c) Maranda L. Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment