Friday, November 18, 2011

Introductory Drawing Midterm

October 13th, 2011. Finished. 
October 13th, 2010. Finished. 














The midterm for Introductory Drawing was held on October 13th of 2011. It lasted for the full duration of class, which is three hours. We were assigned to draw several gesture and blind contour drawings followed by a seven minute drawing of a box and piece of paper to demonstrate our understandings of perspective and value. The largest portion of the class was devoted to the drawing of a still life.

I received a grade of 90%; for every number-graded portion (as apposed to checks, pluses and minuses) I received  points out of 10. As you can see, my major problem is that I rely too much on line to define my corms, instead of value. It gives my drawings a cartoon like effect. To achieve realism I need to work with value to create form.

(c) Maranda L. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment