| September 29th, 2011. Finished. |
As a follow-up to my last class, today we worked with drawing larger, more complex still life drawings with boxes. We are again, of course, working with charcoal. We were to use the same techniques we learned in previous classes. This assignment was not graded.
Much of the class was spent on other exercises, like blind contours, and we were only given about forty minutes to complete the drawing. I spent most time on the right side with the large box and cup, the rest I only took about two minutes to sketch out, and later shaded in in my dorm room. I should really plan my time more so that I can get the important parts of the drawing down, like angles and proportion and basic shading. So unfortunately, this drawing is rather low quality as far as accuracy goes and I'm not proud of it. But all artists have their ups and downs, I suppose.
(c) Maranda L. Scott
Although you are aware of places in the drawing that are less accurate than you would like, this drawing has a great sense of space, and a moodiness that I like very much!
ReplyDelete