Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Box and Paper

September 27th, 2011. Finished.
For my September 27th class of Intro to Drawing, the day was spent working on perception and drawing cubes. We reviewed how to use skewers for measuring angles and the theory of vanishing points. We did several gesture and blind contour drawings of a still life at the center of the room.

The majority of class, however, was spent on a single, charcoal, box and paper drawing. The teacher went around the room assisting students to draw the still life. I originally starting by drawing a completely different box-and-paper still life, but because it was too straight-on, I switched to this particular setup.

At the end of the exercise, the class got to go around and view everyone's drawing. Mine certainly isn't exceptional, but I was happy to see I was the only student to pick up on the reflection of the objects in the shiny cement floor.

(c) Maranda L. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment