Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Distant Love


I have not seen you,
Nor heard your soothing voice,
Or felt your soft, gentle touch.

I have not smelled your sweet fragrence,
Nor tasted anything,
When we kiss.

And yet,
I love you.

Strong and confident, you stand up for me.
You know me better than anyone else.
And You know how I feel...
Even before I know myself.

We are far away, and so close.
My deep love cannot be expressed... with meer words.
Though we have not have been together long, or ever truly met,
I still love you.

For you are my true love,
We are the perfect couple.
Where I am weak,
You are stong.

When I know you're there, I feel my heart pound.
I blush, and butterflies flutter within me.
My heart skips a beat...
I know I love you.

My love is not of lust,
But of my deep affection for you.
You mean so much to me,
So much I cannot express.

There isn't a moment that passes,
Where I do not think of you.
You're always on my mind...
I always love you.

How I long to be in yours arms,
To feel you touch,
To be close to you,
And have our lips meet...

With each beat of my heart,
And whenever you're gone,
I feel my heart grow ever fonder,
I love you even more.

So even though  I have not seen you,
Nor heard your soothing voice,
Or felt your soft, gentle touch...

And though I have not smelled your sweet fragrence,
Nor tasted anything,
When we kiss...

For that,
I love you.


 Distant Love (c) Maranda L. Scott
Images (c) their respective owners

No comments:

Post a Comment