Thursday, February 2, 2012

Crystal Guardian

November, 2008. Pencil.
Crystal Guardian is a pencil drawing from November 2008. The drawing was largely drawn during my high school classes and during lunch break.

The drawing features a western dragon with crystalline features. It lives deep in a crystal filled cave and looks vainly into its reflection in the water. It clutches a large gem close to its chest.

The idea started out with a crystal cave and a vain, greedy dragon living within it. I gave the creature crystal features based on the idea that its diet consists mainly of minerals, or that it simply likes to decorate itself with the gems.

I don't particularly care for the drawing because it appears very cartoonish and stands out in its environment. The background is also rather flat and is lighter than it should be. I do, however, like how the water and reflection turned out.

(c) Maranda L. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment