Sunday, January 8, 2012

Toys and Games

December 6th, 2010.
During my senior year of high school I took a class on photography. Each week we learned new techniques with DSL cameras. For the duration of the class we were loaned a DSL camera of our own. Additionally, each week there was a theme, and we had to take at least five unique pictures depicting the theme. These pictures were then put together into a slide show with suitable music to be shown to the class and then graded. This week's theme was "toys and games."

My first picture is of a stack of scattered Uno cards spread out on the table. I used the Wild Card as a focal point because the black color contrasts against the white and color. Unfortunately, there is a small patch where the table shows through the pile.



Dec 6, 2010.

Dec 6, 2010.
 The two above photos of  wooden dominoes were photographed on white sheets then adjusted in a photo editor to have more contrast. Due to my inexperience, some parts of dominoes have blurring because they are out of focus, and the background is not uniform.

Dec 6, 2010.
Dec 6, 2010.
 My last couple pictures for the toys and games themes were inspired by Monopoly. The first is the board covered with monopoly money, and the second is a picture of the board and car piece. One thing I don't like about the first is that the $500 bill distracts from my intentional focal point--the Monopoly Man. Also, in the second photo, a small portion of the floor shows through. However, I do like how the tile says "Free Parking" and there, I have the car "parked."

(c) Maranda L. Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment