Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Planes and Apples

October 27, 2011. Sketch. 
On this 27th of October in 2011, the class began working with planes. Not the ones that go flying through the sky, the kind that are used in geometry. Working with planes is supposed to make drawing round surfaces easier, because planes help simplify shading.

Each student was to bring a fresh apple and a plastic knife. The apples were cut to become more "chunky" so the planes were more visible. I, of course, ate every chunk I cut off my apple. Delicious.

Once again using cross hatching, we drew our apple on a piece of paper towel. It's actually, to me, more difficult than drawing a regular apple. It isn't ease to shade flat surfaces--especially when using cross hatching. I hate it.

Nonetheless, I received faborable responses when the class went over student work. My drawing had more "volume" and "depth" than many of the other drawings.

(c) Maranda L. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment