Weedy Sea Dragon is a watercolor and ink painting completed in 2010 for my Portfolio Development II class. There were no rules or restrictions.
This painting features a dragon inspired by the weedy seadragon seahorse. The dragon swims underwater in a kelp forest, where it can camouflage itself.
I was not very pleased with the outcome of this painting, and neither was my teacher. It appears rather flat and the dragon doesn't appear to be actually underwater, because of its running, horse-like gait. I do, however, like the background's watery appearace and how the details fade toward the back.
(c) Maranda L. Scott
This painting features a dragon inspired by the weedy seadragon seahorse. The dragon swims underwater in a kelp forest, where it can camouflage itself.
I was not very pleased with the outcome of this painting, and neither was my teacher. It appears rather flat and the dragon doesn't appear to be actually underwater, because of its running, horse-like gait. I do, however, like the background's watery appearace and how the details fade toward the back.
(c) Maranda L. Scott

No comments:
Post a Comment