Friday, September 9, 2011

Treasure Guardian

April 2010. Finished.
Treasure Guardian is a pencil drawing completed in April 2010. The drawing was done in my own free time and therefor had no rules or restrictions.

The drawing features an eastern dragon sleeping on a pile of gold coins and treasure. Among the coins are chests of gold, gems, jewelry and goblets. The dragon holds an enormous gem in its left hand.

The drawing was inspired by my love of detail- and what could have more detail than a dragon in a treasure cave? So many scales and coins! I also wanted to work a  little with perspective and landscapes.

The drawing was well received by my fellow classmates. However, I believe I have much to learn when it comes to drawing caves and rocks. The dragon also had a little too much curve in its belly and should have wound around the treasure pile more for a more natural looking pose.

(c) Maranda L. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment