The Color of Winter, a pastel painting, was completed for my Portfolio Development II class in 2010. The drawing was a free assignment with no restrictions.
The painting features a winter sunset scene with snow-covered trees. A river flows downstream from a lake in the mountains.
I loved the colors in this painting, but I don't like the trees or landscape-especially the center tree. It looks artificial. I should have made it more rugged, with smaller branches. The clumps of snow on the pine trees don't look realistic. Naturally, the snow would now hold on the branches that way. There is much to be desired with this painting.
(c) Maranda L. Scott
The painting features a winter sunset scene with snow-covered trees. A river flows downstream from a lake in the mountains.
I loved the colors in this painting, but I don't like the trees or landscape-especially the center tree. It looks artificial. I should have made it more rugged, with smaller branches. The clumps of snow on the pine trees don't look realistic. Naturally, the snow would now hold on the branches that way. There is much to be desired with this painting.
(c) Maranda L. Scott

No comments:
Post a Comment