Dryad, a pen drawing done in May 2010, is a simple sketch done on my own free time. The drawing was inspired by the season- spring. It is a time of life and birth, growth and beauty. This, I represented by the dryad.
This drawing took approximately two hours to complete. I devoted much of my time to detail. I had to work very carefully not to make mistakes, because pen is impossible to erase.
I am disappointed at the result because the proportion is unnatural and the drawing is not as realistic as I intended. I still have much to learn when it comes to drawing trees, especially branches and bark. However, I do love the dryad woman's expression and sensual pose. Additionally, I like how she blends in so well with the tree, and sometimes you have to take a second glance to recognize her.
(c) Maranda L. Scott
This drawing took approximately two hours to complete. I devoted much of my time to detail. I had to work very carefully not to make mistakes, because pen is impossible to erase.
I am disappointed at the result because the proportion is unnatural and the drawing is not as realistic as I intended. I still have much to learn when it comes to drawing trees, especially branches and bark. However, I do love the dryad woman's expression and sensual pose. Additionally, I like how she blends in so well with the tree, and sometimes you have to take a second glance to recognize her.
(c) Maranda L. Scott

No comments:
Post a Comment