Sunday, July 31, 2011

Nuts and Bolts

2009. Ink wash.
Nuts and Bolts is an ink-wash painting done in the year 2009 for my Portfolio Art I class. The assignment was to use pen and ink and ink-wash to paint a part of the school using the concept of perspective. It also had to include nuts and bolts that were provided.

This painting features the before mention bolts and nuts  in a small corn of the school, where there is a a small garden plot with plotted plants. The details were made with a quill pen, and the value was done with ink-wash.

This was perhaps one of my most frustrating projects because I am a very organic and nature oriented individual. And well.. the school is an awfully inorganic and ugly ugly thing. I also hated the random nut and bolts. Why would they be lying around in the school?  At first I tried the staircase, but that proved to be a failure. But anyway, I decided I would go for the most organic looking place I could find, and this is the result.

(c) Maranda L. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment