![]() |
| December, 2010. Watercolor and Ink. |
I planned out my paintings so that they would all be facing center. Fire on the East, Water on the West, Air from the North, and Earth from the South. In the center is Ether, or Spirit.
I first sketched my subject in pencil (lightly) then painted over it in water color. Once the watercolor was fully dried, I went over it in pen and ink. Unfortunately, I had a lot of difficulty with color bleeding.
I didn't paint the eyes because I thought it looked better (cooler) without pupils. It draws more attention and makes the dragon look more fierce.
This is definitely not one of my favorite paintings. The background leaves much to be desired, and the transparent wings didn't come out as well as I had hoped. Nonetheless, most students thought it was good (if only for the inkwork).
(c) Maranda L. Scott

No comments:
Post a Comment