We had our first male model come in on November 22nd of 2011. Needless to say, I was quite nervous at first. But when you are drawing anything, including naked people, they turn into just another object.
Most of class was spent on a large drawing on brown paper. We used black and white conte for drawing shadows and highlights respectively. Unfortunately, conte is not easily erased and many mistakes are visible.
The model was sitting on a wooden box covered with a sheet, and held on to a hanging box frame. Unfortunately, the model was a very fidgety one. Every few minutes he would wiggle his foot, re-position his hand, or move his leg or head. It was frustrating to say the least.
I can't say I was very pleased with this drawing. I actually started over halfway though the class, so this drawing was rather rushed. I was not able to correct the lips because I could not erase the lines. It is bad to have outlined lips (AKA, banana-lips). It is unnatural. The upper right arm is too thin, and I did not put as much detail into the groin area as I should have (I'm still nervous about drawing detail there). I need to rely less on line, and focus more on creating form with value and planes.
Male Nude Drawing
November 22nd, 2011. Black conte. Finished Drawing.
Artistic Nudity. Front.
Most of class was spent on a large drawing on brown paper. We used black and white conte for drawing shadows and highlights respectively. Unfortunately, conte is not easily erased and many mistakes are visible.
The model was sitting on a wooden box covered with a sheet, and held on to a hanging box frame. Unfortunately, the model was a very fidgety one. Every few minutes he would wiggle his foot, re-position his hand, or move his leg or head. It was frustrating to say the least.
I can't say I was very pleased with this drawing. I actually started over halfway though the class, so this drawing was rather rushed. I was not able to correct the lips because I could not erase the lines. It is bad to have outlined lips (AKA, banana-lips). It is unnatural. The upper right arm is too thin, and I did not put as much detail into the groin area as I should have (I'm still nervous about drawing detail there). I need to rely less on line, and focus more on creating form with value and planes.
Male Nude Drawing
November 22nd, 2011. Black conte. Finished Drawing.
Artistic Nudity. Front.

No comments:
Post a Comment