Friday, December 30, 2011

Final Still Life

December 8th, 2011. Charcoal. Finished.
The final project for ARTS 532 Introductory Drawing was completed in class. The drawing was done in charcoal and took the entire class period--three hours.

The still life is the same as in my collage, but I was sitting at a slightly different angle. We were supposed to have a model come in, but she was sick . For me, that was probably an advantage. However, I was still slightly disappointed.

Today I didn't bother with the skewers and measuring techniques, I simply tried to use my eye to make judgments. Going off the results of my collage from the last class and previous experience, I tried to minimize the appearances of lines. After all, there aren't outlines in real life--it's one value next to another.

I  believe this is the most realistic drawing from my entire class. The drawing has a lot of depth and perspective. My instructor, Rick Fox, thought it was a "wonderful way to finish off the semester."

(c) Maranda L. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment