Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Heart of the Volcano

March, 2008. Completed.
Heart of the Volcano is drawing done in the year 2008. I drew it at school, during classes, lunch, and break. It started off as just a doodle, then I decided to continue off of it.

The drawing features an eastern dragon flying over a bubbling lava pit of a volcano. A crescent moon lights up the airy white clouds. The sides of the volcano are harsh and spiky. They glow with the heat of the lava.

The drawings got raving reviews from my classmates, and awe. One person even said, "I'd smoke that."

This drawing is rather old, but nonetheless one of my favorite pencil drawings.The dragon lacks shading, and the background leaves much to be desired, but I  love the sleek, three dimensional look of the dragon and the detail of the scales.

(c) Maranda L. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment