Back of the Sun is a colored pencil drawing done for my Portfolio Development II class in 2010. This was the very first assignment of the class- to draw a sunflower from observation. The drawing had to be drawn with colored pencils. Unfortunately all the flowers were dying, and we had no vases to keep the flowers standing.
I chose to draw my sunflower from the back, which I figured was an uncommon, but interesting view. I placed the flower in rolling fields where the grass fades into the blue sky. The back is actually very detailed and intricate with its leaves. For this drawing, I had to draw with the flower in my left hand, and the pencil in my right. Of all the students, I was the last to complete my drawing.
I am relatively pleased at the result of the drawing. Colored pencil has always been one of my worst mediums, but I actually managed to color in most of the white spots and shade the drawing realistically to create light and shadow. Sometimes I which I had drawn the flower from the front, but the back seemed to work alright.
(c) Maranda L. Scott
I chose to draw my sunflower from the back, which I figured was an uncommon, but interesting view. I placed the flower in rolling fields where the grass fades into the blue sky. The back is actually very detailed and intricate with its leaves. For this drawing, I had to draw with the flower in my left hand, and the pencil in my right. Of all the students, I was the last to complete my drawing.
I am relatively pleased at the result of the drawing. Colored pencil has always been one of my worst mediums, but I actually managed to color in most of the white spots and shade the drawing realistically to create light and shadow. Sometimes I which I had drawn the flower from the front, but the back seemed to work alright.
(c) Maranda L. Scott

No comments:
Post a Comment