Saturday, July 23, 2011

Page of My Life



I don’t know what to write.
I don’t know what to draw.
My life is a blank page
Waiting to be filled.
And yet—
Refusing to be filled.
I try to fills this void--
This emptiness.
My endeavor is futile.
I try to create—
Life,
Beauty,
Emotion.
Where is its color?
Where is its words?
I make mistakes.
It is lifeless,
Hideous,
Emotionless.
Where is my passion?
Where is my inspiration?
I erase this page of my life.
But there—
Ghostly marks  remain
To haunt me;
They are scars of my mistakes.
Can I cover over it?
Can I ignore it?
I fight the urge to throw it all away--
To crumple it,
To end it.
But then again—
Maybe I can continue on,
Because there is
Beauty
In unfinished work.
I can’t fix the past;
Those marks will forever stay.
Good or bad,
I can’t dwell on what cannot be undone;
And so,
I turn over a new page.

Page of my Life (c) Maranda L. Scott
Photos (c) their respective owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment